Ten Reasons to Buy a Home Now
1. You can get a really good deal. California median home prices have fallen more than 40% since 2008, and affordability is at its best in 20 years.
2. Interest rates are low. You can find a 30-year fixed rate loan at right around 4%; two years ago, rates were above 6%.
3. Tax deductions. You may be able to deduct mortgage interest and real estate taxes from your income if you itemize.
4. It’s all yours. You can paint, tile, remodel and customize it to your heart’s content.
5. You’ll get a nicer place to live. In general, a home where the owner lived is in better shape than a rental property.
6. It offers some inflation protection. Over the long term, housing beats inflation. Again, over the long term.
7. You’ll get equity. Real estate prices will most probably head upward eventually, and you’ll be building equity.
8. It forces you to save. The part of your mortgage that goes to paying down the principal is actually a payment to yourself.
9. There’s a lot to choose from. In California, there are tens of thousands of homes for sale, from fixer-uppers to just-built.
10. You can’t avoid economics. California’s population is expected to grow to 40.5 million by 2014. Even though there’s an excess of housing now, eventually demand will catch up to supply.
For more information please visit: www.calhfa.ca.gov or call 877.9.CalHFA (877) 922-5432